Monday, January 17, 2011

Soft Chocolatey Chocolate & Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


Now that I've proclaimed my non-baker status, here I am baking all the time for some reason.  I have a theory that pregnancy hormones make one want to bake, because our friend Kerrie Anne (due in 1 month & 1 day!) has been baking too.  And she is not normally a baker either.  I'll have to find out if our friend Nevena has been a baking machine (she's due NOW!).  It's a sound theory, don't you think?  Anyways...I made these soft, chewy cookies last night for the first time and I can't stop eating them.  They are so delicious!

Ingredients:
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 (3.4 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips

Instructions:
1)  Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Sift together flour and baking soda, set aside.
2)  In large bowl, cream together butter and sugars.  Beat in pudding mix until blended.  Stir in the eggs and vanilla.  Blend in flour mixture.  Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.  Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3)  Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.

enjoy!
 ~ j

3 comments:

  1. I tried to make something similar an hour before this picture was taken...mine are now in the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your PB cookies will be fabulous next time, Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just drooled on myself. Those look so good!

    ReplyDelete