Sunday, November 13, 2011

Irish Cream


When it starts getting chilly outside and the stores are full of holiday cheer, I always feel like that's the perfect time for Irish cream.  And I really like to make it myself, because I can tweak all the ingredients to my own personal preferences...for instance, I put more whiskey in it than I'm admitting to here in this recipe.  I made 2 jars (yes, jars...I live in Kentucky now, so a Mason jar just felt appropriate for my booze), one of them with a peppermint twist on the original.  I didn't use the blender this time, because The Beeb was sleeping and she's not a big fan of the blender sounds.

I dunno', how would you pose a jar of booze?
Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cup Irish whiskey
1/3 cup cold coffee
1/4 cup chocolate syrup (I like Hershey’s Special Dark syrup)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract (OR ½ tsp mint extract)

Instructions
1)  Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend.
2)  Chill, serve over ice, slurp!
OR, you can do it the Kentucky way:
1)  Put all the ingredients in a Mason jar and shake vigorously.  Step 2 remains the same.

enjoy!
 ~ j

No comments:

Post a Comment