Wednesday, November 9, 2011

EASY Apple Dumplings


These are super quick and easy (as the title might imply), and quite tasty.  I found this recipe (on allrecipes.com, and then tweaked it…just like pretty much every recipe I make), because I had a bunch of apples that were starting to reach their shelf life.  As you can see from my photo, I didn’t quite follow my own directions.  I didn’t peel the apples (much to The Squatch’s dismay), and I didn’t place the dumplings seam-side down in the pan (I didn’t wrap them with the seam on the flat side of the apple halves, next time I will try it that way).  Next time I will also make sure I have some freshly whipped up whipped cream…but The Beeb was sleeping, so I didn’t’ want to fire up the Mix Master.

Ingredients
1 (16 oz) can refrigerated flaky biscuit dough (jumbo biscuits)
4 apples – peeled, cored & halved
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup water
½ cup butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
chopped walnuts (optional)
ground cinnamon

Instructions
1)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2)  Lightly grease 9”x13” baking dish.  Separate biscuits and flatten each one into a circle.  Wrap one biscuit around each apple half and place, seam side down, in pan.
3)  In a small bowl, combine sugar, water, melted butter and vanilla.  Pour mixture over dumplings in pan.  Sprinkle walnuts on top of each dumpling (optional).  Sprinkle cinnamon over the dumplings.  Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until golden.  Serve hot.

enjoy!
 ~ j

No comments:

Post a Comment