Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bell's Brewery - Two Hearted Ale


I have suspected for a while now that I may have a problem, well, now it has been confirmed.  I am addicted to IPAs.  In fact, I am also ruined by them…most other beers just can’t cut the mustard.  I am an appreciator of all beers (including the likes of PBR), but a good IPA just hits the spot for me.  Which brings me to one of my favorite IPAs, Bell’s Two Hearted Ale.  I first had this while on a work trip to the Outer Banks on a recommendation from a colleague, and have been a fan ever since.  Some IPAs can blow you away with hops (which is a good thing!), but this one has just the right amount of hoppy and malty flavor.  Upon first sniff it may not seem all that impressive, but the first sip will make you a lifelong fan, I promise!  At 7.0% alcohol, it has enough kick to do you right, but not too much to beat you up if you have more than 2 or 3 (or 10).

Happy Drinking,
Squatch

No comments:

Post a Comment