Friday, July 1, 2011

Thai Peanut Sauce

It's been a long time since I've posted a recipe...that would be thanks to 7-week old Ivy Sharp!  The lack of having time to cook anything spiffy or new is totally worth the smiles and beginnings of giggles that I get every day.  :)  Anyhow...pretty much the only thing I've cooked of late is stir fries.  I just made this peanut sauce the other day and combined it in the wok with some stir fried vegetables and chicken, which I served over rice noodles.  It's quick and easy, and versatile.  I didn't get any photos, but it was so good that I had to share it!  I will be making it again, and I'll make sure to get a picture next time (although I must admit that I don't know how well it will photograph).

Ingredients
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 can (10 oz) light coconut milk
1/2 cup light soy sauce
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp Thai chili sauce
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root

Instructions
Whisk together all the ingredients and combine with stir fried veggies, meat, tofu, or use as a dipping sauce for spring rolls or anything you'd like!

enjoy!
 ~ j

2 comments:

  1. tastes good but kinda looks like something that shows up in Ivy's pants

    ReplyDelete