Sunday, July 24, 2011

mashed sweet potatoes



Wow. It has been a while since I posted anything.  Can we say slacker?  I had a good reason for a while, we were packing up our house, moving, and then remodeling our kitchen.  But the kitchen remodel has been done for a few weeks now, so I have no excuses. I am back on the wagon with this really easy and delish side dish.  Makes around 6 servings.

What you need:
4 sweet potatoes
3/4 c milk
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp brown sugar
dash cinnamon
salt to taste

What you do:
Bring around 6 cups of lightly salted water to boil, while the water is boiling peel and cube the potatoes into dice sized pieces. Add potatoes, boil for 20 minutes or until fork tender.  Drain water, mash potatoes slightly (i used a hand mixer but you could certainly use a stand mixer) add butter and all sweeteners and mix some more, then slowly add milk until it is the desired consistency, you may need a little more than 3/4 cup but I found that was about right for the amount I had. Serve warm!






 These were very good and I will definitely be making them again. Look for more recipes soon! I have a few stored up, many without pictures but I am going to post them anyway bc they were so good.

Enjoy!
-Hayden

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, sweet potatoes are a "super food" so I've been trying to eat more of them. But I had forgotten about doing them like this! Will definitely be trying this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this with a couple of small changes. I used Russet potatoes and instead of all the other stuff, I used butter, cream and garlic. They turned out great!

    Okay, I made them the way you did, and they were pretty darn good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! Those are my favorite reviews on allrecipes, "I made this, but I did it completely different...and it was great!"

    You can also just mix all that stuff up on and put it on a baked sweet potato, which is equally yummy.

    ReplyDelete