Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pass that guacamole!

Guacamole is one of our favorite random things to whip up in Casa de Sharp.  Ryan knows my recipe by heart now, and will even volunteer to make it...which is nice when I don't feel like getting green goo all in my cuticles.  Pretty much every time we have guac, I think of this commercial...  "Pass that guacamoleee!"  (You have to wait until the very end for the big pay-off!)

ANYHOW...this is definitely a recipe that I never use measurements in, so I'm going to do my best to guesstimate how much of everything I use (but just a warning, I could be way off...or even just way off for your own personal tastes).  According to other recipes I've been looking at, I think this recipe would be considered to be about 8 servings (sure seems like a lot less than 8 in our house, though!).

Guacamole
Ingredients:
6 avocados, mashed
1 - 2 limes, juiced
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
2 - 3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped

Instructions:
Combine all your ingredients in a bowl, and stir!  Serve with tortilla chips (Tostitos "hint of lime" are our personal favorite with guacamole).

enjoy!
 ~ j

4 comments:

  1. I like that T-Pain is a label for this...and now I want some Guac

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend and I made this last night and were excited about how wonderful it tasted. The cumin adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! So glad you liked it, Grey!!

    ReplyDelete